New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
YES! Hopatcong is maze of winding and hilly roads with wooded trails through neighborhoods. These act as corridors for deer travel. When you're driving through hills, your lights aren't always illuminating the road ahead, they are casting beams in the sky or straight down. My wife and I have learned where these travel routes are along our ride home and anticipate the deer crossing ahead of us. We've been very fortunate to avoid collisions, but many in town haven't been as lucky. There are a few spots in town I would love to bow hunt. This would save me a lot of gas $$$$

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Voted "yes" to help out ducati and save on some gas :)

I know I've had plenty of deer run in front of my cars while driving along the lake on all sides over the years.

ducati, does the borough own much land? I know at least half your PD hunt, surprised they haven't been pushing for access.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
There is enough land to hold a few hunters. I'm drafting a letter to my councilman. My hope is that they open this to township residents via permit or lottery and not a "controlled" hunt with paid "sharpshooters". Councilman Francis is/will be asking for a grant to pay for????? Makes me wonder, but it doesn't smell good.
Francis said he would seek a Department of Transportation traffic safety grant to narrow down Hopatcong's deer population.
[confused]

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
My buddy has a piece of land I can hunt down the street. So many deer every morning 12 to 14 deer in my front yard.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
As usual, there are always a few in the comments:

NOOO. What if the arrow goes there a window and it hits and kills someone. What if a child or someone is running on there hands and feet and the hunter thinks its an animal and the hunter kills that person. Hunting in hopatcong is very dangrous and when you or someone gets shot you'll be spending more money on hospital bill then on ur car bill

Hopatcong's Human Population has grown and over-crowding has begun in our schools. I recommend that we start a human hunt just for "population control"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.