New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I also use scent away. I've had the same bottle for five years now and still have not finished it. You only need to use a capful for each load so if you think about it a bottle should last a pretty long time.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah but you can get like tide just to name one called "free" which is free of all everything and you get more for less money. Does anyone go that route? Am I missing something

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
What I'm saying is it takes so long for me to go through a bottle that I don't mind spending the couple extra bucks. Personally, I would think it's the same stuff, just different marketing, but I don't know that for a fact.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What I'm saying is it takes so long for me to go through a bottle that I don't mind spending the couple extra bucks. Personally, I would think it's the same stuff, just different marketing, but I don't know that for a fact.
could be

·
Registered
687 Posts
How do you use the bakind soda?
I use Baking powder. Depends on how much im washing. Large load 1 cup, i eye it when its a smaller load.

You can get the large bag at BJs for like $5, I believe its in the baking area and has directions or information on the package for laundry (Im not home and cant remember right now).

·
Registered
687 Posts
Heres the arm and hammer web site. It is baking soda (duh)
You wont believe all the uses for this stuff.[up]

What can ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda do for my laundry?
We're glad you asked! Our larger 4 lb. box or our 12 lb. Resealable Pouch with it's enclosed scoop make using
ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda in the laundry easy. Here's how:

Cleaning Booster-- ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda works with your liquid laundry detergent to make it work harder for you (it's a pH thing!). Just add 1/2 cup of ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda to your wash with the usual amount of liquid detergent.
ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda can also help your chlorine bleach work harder for you… add 1/2 cup of ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda with a 1/2 cup of bleach (instead of the usual 1 cup) to get whites whiter without smelly harsh chemicals that can damage clothes.

Deodorizing Clothes—Freshen any smelly laundry—work shirts, baby bibs, musty towels—by adding 1/2 cup of ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda in the rinse cycle to neutralize and eliminate odors. As a cloth diaper soak, dissolve 1/2 cup of ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda in 2 quarts of water to keep those smells down.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
yes with seemingly good results. The brand I currently have is Atkso's sportswash - no scent/no glow and dont remeber where I picked it up but I still have 1/4 bottle left after using it 4 seasons now.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I use baking powder for all my hunting cloths, buy it in bulk at BJs.
Same here,after washing dry on a clothes line. When dry put your cloths in a bag and throw baking soda in the bag,shake it up then just shake out your cloths when you dress for the hunt. Then hunt the wind,there is no substitute for that.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Like Oneshotkill, I use Atsko's products. Been using them for 3 years with what I would consider great success. I purchase direct from the company, but believe I have seen some of their products at Cabelas.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.