New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started hunting there this bow season and unfortunately haven't had much time for preseason scouting. I've only seen a few deer and expected to see more. Any advice for that area?

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Do you know of a place called 5 points, back in that area I have seen some really nice deer. Also go talk to the park rangers they can tell you the best places togo.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know the area but I'll find it. Thanks for the tip. Do you hunt the area? I'm trying to leave work and go this afternoon.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
I hunted there over 6years ago, take exit 50 ( going north ) make a left turn after you exit ( 539 ) just p [no swearing please] the GSP on your left will be a dirt road...when you come to a spot where 5 fire roads meet, Thats 5points... Start looking for signs. ( deer signs that is )

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks mystic. Help is always appreciated. It seems like a great group of people in here.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mystic. Hope to get to know some of the people in here.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Welcome Hunterpanz

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Hunterpantz, 5 points is driven a lot by clubs. There are several clubs right around there. When you go in off 539 watch the puddles, they are a lot deeper than what you would think. The kids with big trucks dig the holes out. Find someone sitting in one at least once a year. The biggest buck I have killed in Jersey I shot off 5 points, during a drive.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Whiskers. I know about the puddles the hard way (almost stuck). I usually go in off of Stage Rd. I've seen deer everytime out there. Quite a few bucks during permit bow. I haven't taken anything out of that area yet. I'm going tommorrow though with the muzzy. You still hunt there? Live in the area?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Contact Ranger Sanford. He is a fellow club member of mine and will not steer you wrong with telling you where they are at.

B [no swearing please] River is his area to patrol and you will not find a finer officer in the woods.

Ray Woodrow 3rd

1 - 11 of 11 Posts