New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else carry “Doe Balls” in their backpack when bow hunting? What is a “Doe Ball” you ask? I usually have two or three old golf balls in my back pack that I will use to throw down towards a doe or does who have me pinned in my tree stand. By throwing a “Doe Ball” the deer will scatter not knowing what made the noise which then will normally allow me to get out of my tree stand without having to give away my position. I am sure everyone will agree that a wise old alpha doe will remember if she spots you in a tree and look at your stand every single time she comes in before getting to your bait. By using the “Doe Balls” there is usually no need to spook the deer by making a blowing sound or any other way that would alarm them too much. I just throw out this idea so see if others do anything similar to get out of a tree rather than sit and wait until the deer leave on their own which could be quite awhile.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Thats not a bad idea. Ive found myself barking, throwing sticks, etc etc to get them to leave so I can go have dinner. I HATE when a doe has my stand pegged, makes me want to eliminate her.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I will toss my pack rack once in a while.

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
I usually have a golf ball or too, I throw them at bears. Its hard to wind up like Mariano Rivera standing on a 12"x12" piece of expanded metal though.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
i usually just lower my bow or my pack and rustle the leaves a bit. Sometimes they go sometimes they don't. Deer being grazers usually move off on their own, but there are times when the cotton candy and the grape flavored bagels and corned molasses keeps them there all night.......:ko:

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I usually just take my boot and rub real hard on the base of the stand it makes a noise that spooks them everytime , ive rattle keys and they stayed , barked and they stayed , threw things and they stayed , but the ol rub the foot on the base of the stand makes them haul ass

1 - 20 of 21 Posts