New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after playing cat and mouse with a bunch of deer last night for about 2 hours,I finally arrowed a nice doe. Only buck I saw was a large bodied spike with spikes about 10-12" long. He was under me for about 1/2 hour eating and then walked off.

Going to try and get out tonight at another spot to check out the horn situation. ;)

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Great job[up]

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Good job Tommy. This is a fun time of year. Now it's on to picking out a good buck and trying to outwit him. Be safe.

I was up the road at Black River and only saw one bear. No deer.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you retired yet
Yes I am but you wouldn't know it with everything I've been doing around the house.
Looking for property in NH so we can build and get out of here. :D

If I can nail down a buck this week I'll go back to trimming the doe population.[up]

Then it's bird hunting time starting in Oct.[up][up]

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Best, have you ever hunted the Flatbrook area for woodcock in Oct?
I'm thinking that I'll head up there a few days to try and find some resident birds.
I've got an idea on a couple of areas but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Hey Best, have you ever hunted the Flatbrook area for woodcock in Oct?
I'm thinking that I'll head up there a few days to try and find some resident birds.
I've got an idea on a couple of areas but I'm not 100% sure.
Hey Tom, it's been some time since we spoke. Do you remember Dave the guy that helped me train Brinks. He is really into the woodcock hunting/migration. If you want to give him a call let me know.
Joe

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Joe,
I would appreciate that and yes I do remember him, nice guy.
Send me an email w/number and I'll call you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.