New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i sacrificed opening weekend to take the kid I have been mentoring which was way better then hunting myself. Haven't gotten a chance to get out yet but been dieing to get in a tree! Afternoon started off with a call saying there's water all over in my basement. Great. Got home found broken pipe, fixed it, shop vacced for over two hours and got all cleaned up. It was about 6pm and my go to last minute hunt spot is close by and loaded with white oaks. Scrambled and got set up at 623pm. Hung bow on hook looked over and here comes a big group of does working the ridge towards me. Within minutes I had a nice doe at 22 yards quartering away. Settled the pin on her and THWACK! Heart shot! Split it right in half. She took 5 steps and dropped. Back in the truck by 714. First deer with my new Winchester Black Horse, what an incredible bow. Felt amazing to be back in the woods for my first 2014 hunt, it was a quick one but gotta Love it when they read the script! Now where the bone at??? Ps. The rage broadheads worked there magic for me again. D

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
congrats!

Reactions: OneShot1kill

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. 29 years old, have killed dozens of deer, some great bucks and I was shaking like a leaf when I drew on her with my heart beating out of my chest. Nothing on this earth can beat that feeling. Man do I love it.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
100% agreed.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Nice Dave

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Congrats! That what I always say...when I stop gettin the shakes, I'm done!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Congrats bud!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts