New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and my cousin (jsickles33 on njh) went out for a Sunday afternoon hunt. After doing two morning hunts with no success, we decided to switch to an afternoon hunt to see if their travel patterns are much different. Good choice![up] We were up in the stands by 3:00 pm and on a horrible side note, twice within the first hour, I missed on two separate does. My first arrowed nicked a branch and the second was low. However, throughout the course of the next 3 1/2 hours we saw 6 does and one Y buck. Around 6:15 pm, 15 minutes after the feeder went off, we had a Y buck and doe come into the path headed towards the feeder. They suddenly b-lined it into the woods, but quickly showed themselves again. Within the next 10 - 15 minutes, they made their way over to the feeder and my cousin took a nice 25 yard shot. The rage 2 blade did it's job and took the deer down within 50 - 60 yards from the shot. We tracked her down in the dark, dressed her by the stream and was at the corner store on Rt. 12 by 8 pm. We got her hung, skinned, and the meat out by 10 pm. Now it's time to marinate and begin the rest of the butchering process! It was his first bow kill. As for me, going to practice some more from an elevated position and hopefully get mine after we return from our NASCAR Dover weekend this weekend! Congrats again to my cousin and booooooo on my part. BTW, they did ask us if the deer was killed by a cross bow or bow. :) It was killed with a Compound[up]

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
it happens congr[up][up]ats though

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're hunting a private piece of land off Wagner/Edna Horn which is directly off Rt. 604.

Where in delaware do u hunt? i have a big farm on yard road and also hunt behind maria rosas pizza
Are you getting a lot of activity out your way on those properties? So far, all of our action has been in the afternoon. This is my first time hunting Del. Twp. I live in Holland Twp.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
it happens to the best of us congrats to your cuz[up]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From what I've heard, Del. Twp produces!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts