New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that it will be Normal for a guy heading to or from his hunting spot with a croosbow in his vehicle. Do you think we will see an increase in Roadside Poaching ? If the guy were to get stopped and has a Licsense and a Crossbow in the vehicle this will no longer be suspicious. Lets face it we have all seen decent Bucks while traveling to our Hunting spots. In The past Poaching involved a Loud Bang and the risk of getting caught with a Gun or crossbow out of season in your vehicle. Now it will be normal for a guy to have Camo clothing and a crossbow. Just a Thought

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
No increase in poaching at all. # of crossbows has nothing to do with the # of ethical human beings in the state.

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
Now that it will be Normal for a guy heading to or from his hunting spot with a croosbow in his vehicle. Do you think we will see an increase in Roadside Poaching ? If the guy were to get stopped and has a Licsense and a Crossbow in the vehicle this will no longer be suspicious. Lets face it we have all seen decent Bucks while traveling to our Hunting spots. In The past Poaching involved a Loud Bang and the risk of getting caught with a Gun or crossbow out of season in your vehicle. Now it will be normal for a guy to have Camo clothing and a crossbow. Just a Thought
I can see how its gonna be from now on, put it this way if someone is gonna jack a deer, there gonna do it regardless of what weapon used...why start now? now that crossbows are legal all the sudden there are gonna be more jacked deer? CMON quit your whining

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
The "normal guy" isn't a poacher.

The A**hole is.

In a word: NO

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
I can see how its gonna be from now on, put it this way if someone is gonna jack a deer, there gonna do it regardless of what weapon used...why start now? now that crossbows are legal all the sudden there are gonna be more jacked deer?
Well, not in the traditional sense (shooting out the window/jacking at night), but I think you will see more trespassing or sneaking on places that are posted. Lets face it, it happens now in bow season because bows are quiet. Add in tens of thousands of more hunters in the woods with crossbows, and as WMA's get overrun, people will be sneaking in more and more. It's going to happen, and since a deer killed while trespassing is "poaching", I say yes, there will be more.

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
I second that well put[up][up][up][up][up]

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Tens of thousands new hunters strolling through the woods elbow to elbow... WMA's overrun... no bucks left in 2 or 3 years... then what? Apocolypse[rofl]

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
This will not happen.. more.. sure.. but tens of thousands.. No way
Hey, I was just going by what that famous, scientifically sound and accurate, survey from the Division said...30,152 more hunters now if crossbows were legal. If you don't like those numbers, take it up with the people at the Division who did the survey, those are their numbers, not mine. ;)

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Its no different now then it was before. Stricker laws, fines, punishment. Public reports of poaching/poachers and a driven force that says poachers are not hunters is what we need.

Do you think Poaching will increase ?
Do you think they are going to ride with a cross bow in the "cocked position" riding around? Would they have to get out of the car, cock it and try to aim? They are no more effective at farther distances then a compound bow. I personally believe its silly to think that just because a weapon is now legal to have for a hunter, you would see more poaching. just re'dunk'ulas!!

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
In The past Poaching involved a Loud Bang and the risk of getting caught with a Gun or crossbow out of season in your vehicle. Now it will be normal for a guy to have Camo clothing and a crossbow.Just a Thought
What about the compound pepole do not use them for poaching?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think it will, it has up here. I don't think of it as poaching as much as lazy people taking pot shots at random animals they encounter during their travels. Yes A-holes, I agree.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Do you think they are going to ride with a cross bow in the "cocked position" riding around?
Yes this will happen. As long as there is no bolt it is NOT considered loaded. People will indeed leave them cocked or do it at the house prior to going hunting. Not sure about its impact on the poaching but having "cocked" xbows in the trunk will occur.

Think about it on bad weather days. "Cock" it in the comfort of the garage or in the woods with the rain, wind, mud, snow??

·
Registered
17,902 Posts
22 is the weapon of choice for poachers....

but having "cocked" xbows in the trunk will occur
No way. These are not a new weapon & are used in other states. If that were a problem it would have come out by now.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts