New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the verdict? Will fawns survive without a doe if taken in the next month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Try not too but eab makes it difficult. If they are the only option yes. Fawns will be fine.

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
I did once. The Fawn stayed around me the whole time I was gutting bleeting. I felt like an ass.

But it's all good for you heatless bastards have at it [hihi]

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Hunting season starts when it does because fawns are able to survive on their own. They already know where all the corn piles are, they will be fine.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I will typically not shoot the large doe after a few weeks she and her remaining fawns will return to the spot, I like to kick off the season with a nice fawn on the roaster better then veal more tender too easier drag etc etc better for the herd to take out old does that are not breeding anymore

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
This is a good one [hihi]

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I dont shoot doe's that have spotted fawns. This moron I know took his crossbow out at his place and killed the first 2 does he saw in early season 2 years ago, the 3 fawns then sat in his garden and ate all his plants for the next month or so. I got a kick out of seeing them there EVERY single time I went by, they had zero fear of humans too.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Yep no problem shooting a doe with fawns. They will survive and if they are a buck they will stay in the area compared to getting chased away.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
It depends on how emotional I'm feeling that day.just kidding! I usually don't make up my mind until it happens but if I want some meat for the freezer and she's the size I'm looking for with a good shot I'm letting one fly.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts