New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I work for a major television production company and we just so happen to be developing a new cable TV show that features people/families with unique and interesting traditions. I've been reading some of the posts on the site/forum and I thought you guys might have some interesting traditions before/during/ or after you hunt! If you happen to have a tradition that might be consider even slightly “unique", I’d love to hear about them! Even if you know of a friend or family member that has a unique tradition/ritual/custom that others might deem downright unusual. The stranger the better. Or maybe a totally different twist on an existing holiday? Either way, let me know. Thanks so much and I’m looking forward to hearing from you all.

You can email me at [email protected]

- Jessica

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Its a tradition here to haze the new guy/gal

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
How much are you paying for the tradition stories?

I have many traditions before during and after the hunt.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Welcome Jessica.I pray to my higher power,before ,during, and after.AMEN

Reactions: outdoorslife

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Nice one Bob![up]

My tradition...get dressed, hopefully see some game(if not Im still blessed to be out there), take an ethical shot...wait. Track, gut, drag, drive to butcher...enjoy snack sticks!

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
MegaloDev, don't take it personally, some of us here a skeptical when it comes to wanting to do a television piece on hunting, we've seen hidden anti hunting agendas arise from some of these events, we are just normal every day folks tired of being called many vile things by folks who think us our betters. You'll just have to be patient with us until we are sure you don't want to malign us.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I'm not too superstitious, but I always spin my arrow a bunch of times before knocking it. No idea why I do, I just do.

EDIT: Not sure anyone wants to make a tv show about that, but you never know these days

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Great post and welcome. I have many traditions most are silly. I drink 2 monster energy drinks before every hunt whether it is a morning or evening hunt. After successful hunts my friends and I usually have a party and drink and eat more than a normal person should. I hunt with a close knit group of guys in hunterdon county and we are not family but we treat each other like we are. Every morning hunt whether successful or not is followed by a pork roll egg and cheese from a local deli. Bagels on the hill in mine hill nj or the bagel smith on Perryville rd in union township. I sleep with my socks on the night before I hunt and I have specific socks for hunting that I always wear. So many traditions.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts