New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you fly one?
I noticed too few flags on people's homes today. I fly mine to honor those who have fallen, as well as those still on the front lines. I know we aren't perfect, but I love being an American! Flags make the best housewarming gift! Give one to someone you know.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I don't have one as i'm in an apartment and don't have the room, but there is always an American flag as well as a Marine Corps flag(for my brother who was in the Marines from 01-05) flying at my dad's. The Army, Air Force and Navy flags were also flying today for the parade in front of the house!! Thanks to all who did and do what they do, we all owe our thanks and lives to you!! [up][up]

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
I have a 8X5 flying at my home and I feel that every household in this country should have one somehow in their home or their front lawn or porch period[up]

Remember that our American flag is made out of the blood of our fallen and not out of cloth.

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
43 Posts
You know what... even though the condo board will probably break my stones, I think I'll go down to Home Depot and mount one on my 23rd story balcony.

Remind some people around here just what country New Jersey is in...

until they sue me for $1M to take it down. [mad]

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I fly mine 24/7 at 30ft up, on a pole place at the highest piont of my property. It's the first thing you see as you approach and the last as you leave, day or night.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
We fly the flag at both the store, and the house every day of the year. When they start to show wear we replace them. The old ones go to the VFW for proper disposal.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I'm a veteran and my flag is up at my house all year round. My wife also sets out smaller ones as well for holidays such as Memorial Day

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I looked out my front window yesterday and only one house had a flag up. It was one of the other long time neigherborhood residents. So, even though I have a ruptured achilles tendon and I am on crutches, I hobbled over to the closet, got the flag and put it up. I remember when I was a kid almost every house flew the flag on patroitic holidays.

The other thing that kind of bugs me is; How many times did I hear on TV someone say "Happy Memorial Day"? Holiday mentality I guess. Kind of like going to a funeral and congratulating the family of the deceased.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Mine flys on the front porch every single day. When it gets a bit worn, it is replaced with a new one.
It's a small price to pay for those that have served and those that are serving.

My father was a WWII vet and my son is currently on his way home from a 12 month tour in Iraq. They and all other vets deserve the recognition that the flag pays to them.

One thing I've been putting off too long and I think it's time to do something about is putting in a flag pole. I've been saying it for some time but never seem to get it done. Especially since I've got the bracket on the porch.
That's going to be this week's project. [up]

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Same here. I fly my flag every day and change it twice a year. I have yet to find a flag that doesn't begin to fade due to weather and the sun's UV rays. Nothing nicer than a brand new flag with crisp and bright bold colors. I've also thought about putting in a flag pole with some accent lighting, etc.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Only two on my block, my neighbors ( she's a L.E.O. and Libertarian) and mine! Shameful.

·
Registered
17,068 Posts
Fly mine daily as well. Also drop off the worn one to the VFW. [up]

·
Registered
7,397 Posts
I fly one on my front porch every single day. In fact, its the first thing I put up when I bought my house. Within an hour of moving in the flag went up. When I have enough property i will put in a legit flag pole[up] I am one of the only houses on my block with a flag flying, and that surprises me.

Heres a pic with my fiances mom chillin on the front porch.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts