New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of giving up on this spot the "genetics" seem terrible....
What do you guys think?????

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
those r all young bucks. can't tell anything from them. i hunt a property in illinois with a lot of spikes on the property, but we also have quite a few bucks in the 150's there also. a deer has to mature to see what he is going to become.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gobblengrunt this was a trick ? and I think your right [rofl]

·
Banned
4,170 Posts
Like gobblengrunt said, I get lots of pictures of dinkers and mutants but always a couple nice ones. I've noticed most od the bigger bucks don't actually come into the corn but get just close enough to check it out. That is until late season if we get some snow cover.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
nice buck ultra, good luck with him. hopefully a little harder weather will make him move a little sooner. looking forward to seeing harvest pics of him!

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[up] myself and landowner and his son have been hunting him hard. The only person to see him during shooting light was me and it was one of the days that you could only legally harvest a doe. I had this buck at 80 yards and could do nothing but shake like a leaf in AWE.............................

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
Wow nice one mag. What is that in the background? Looks like a camper with a light on.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Score guesses anyone?

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
You'll have him shot by the 2nd week in January if you play your cards correctly and hunt smart. They're starting to move on a feeding pattern again, from what I am seeing.

You know what you are doing, Bri, hunt smart. I'm confident I'll be coming by to check him out within the next month...

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:)

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stevo I'm not giving away all my secrets [rofl]

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that's also what I was thinking gobble and grunt.

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
6:12pm He is very near there at last shooting light.

Good luck hope you get him Mag [up]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts