New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoy watching the Hunting shows for thier entertainment value but I do have an issue with thier total focus on trophy hunting and very few shows offer any real useful information to thier audience other than thier sponsors marketing agendas...There is too much focus on "trophy hunting"..Anyone on this forum could be as successful as the shows host if they had the time, money and access to the private lands and ranches they get to hunt week after week...I for one, do not enjoy watching someone sitting in a shooting house overlooking a greenfield and then when they make a clean kill tell us how hard he worked for his trophy. I am not questioning anyones hunting style just the message that the show is sending to the general public..This past week we had a young hunter post a picture and story of his first bow kill, a nice spike, and he appoligized for the size of the deer. It was a clean kill and good shot. I blame the TV shows for sending the wrong message to thier viewers. It isnt about the size of the prize but the experience and knowledge we gain everytime we enter the woods...A few years ago I read a survey in a national outdoor magazine. They asked who was the greatest hunter over the last 100 years. Bill Jordan was the number one response. Not Fred Bear, Saxon Pope, Jack O'Connor, Chuck Adams, or the father of conservation, Teddy Roosevelt. True American icons and hunters, No, it was the King of Marketing, a camo manufaturer who sells everything including toilet paper. I guess Madison Avenue even controls the hunting woods....What is your Opinion? Are todays hunting shows sending the proper message to the general public?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts