New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Parson's deer processing today to pick up my deer and was looking through the pics of checked in bucks and was blown away by an absolute MONSTER shot in Warren county a few days ago with a green score of 180 or so.
The hunter apparantly is disabled and thus shot the buck with a crossbow.
Let me tell you, this deer was an absolute PIG. It weighed in at 230lbs dressed! That is just friggin amazing for a NJ deer. It's a massive 11 pointer and would certainly be among the top typical whitetails ever harvested in NJ. The unfortunate thing is that since the hunter shot it with a crossbow, the animal doesn't qualify for the books.
I'm going to go back to Parson's next week to pick up some venison hot dogs and will ask him if I can get a pic to post.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Why??? It was taken by legal means!!! That makes no sense to me
I don't think that Pope and Young recognizes
crossbows harvests.

Where in Warren County,do you know?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
If I shot a pig like that, I wouldnt even care about P&Y record books.

They had/have some strict rules for entering trophies. Most of which, the modern archer breaks.
Lighted sight pins, asterisks next to bows over 65%LetOff, etc...It used to be you couldnt enter a deer shot with a bow over 65%lo.[down]

They should have a seperate category for disabled archers using x-bows. At least something to recognize them. Then again, Im not up on all the books, maybe they do have a category for that?[confused]

I bet that guy could'nt care less anyway. Just stare at the mount all day long. Thats what Id do!:D[up]

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Hey Stealthy, I was looking at some of your pics. That is one really nice 6 pt you shot. Just wondering where he came from. You don't usually see 6's with that kind of head gear.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TJC that 6 came from Monmouth.

As for the buck the disabled hunter got with the xbow, I totally agree that it should be allowed in the books. Any advantage a disabled person gets from an xbow is more than offset by the disability!

Dbuck, the buck was taken in Belvedere.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I think he deserves to qualify, since states legalized crossbows for the purpose of disabled hunters, so they can continue in the sport they love. If they dont allow it, we should protest the decision!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts