New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out with the wife yesterday to Shepards Lake. I got 6 and she got 2. It was too bad for a stocking day. Those browns fight nice.
I wasn't sure how the day was going to go because when I got there there was a situation with a Park Ranger. From what I got from the Ranger was, he caught some juveniles fishing without licenses. They were apparently 15 and 16 year olds fishing with there father. Both kids told the ranger they were 16. When he asked the father he said one was 15 and the other was 16. Ranger told the 16 year she couldn't fish and the brother and father got pissed. I thought there was going to be a bit of a scuffle. If you ask me, the 15 year old was no where near 15. To top it off, the father asks me what the limit is. Shuoldn't we know what the limit is before you start fishing. What kind of ethics is this teachng.
But after they left it was fine. Despite wind and cloudy skys it was great. I love catching those brownies.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
maybe he was just wondering what the limit was...like me i dont know the limit because i dont keep them. i catch/release

i was up that way last night (7-10PM) shooting at thunder mountain. i love that 5stand trap shoot! what a challenge! gotta lead them birds up to 6 feet!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts