New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard they found a body in Vernon NJ deer zone 3. I am waiting to confirm it. Apparently the guy they found disappeared about 6 months to a year ago. He told people he was going to go hang himself and I guess he did. I tried to find more info on the net but came up empty.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just found out it is true they found a guy hung himself off of the Appalachian trail by waywayanda park. Quite a while ago the head was detatched from the body the ladder was up against the tree and the rope was still hanging from a branch.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Good Lord that is awful...Poor guy.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Wow. I knew they caught some guy Monday morning who run into the woods after a robbery at the rolling hills motel here in Wantage. He was also found to be wanted for murder so good thing they caught him. Didn't hear that one but man do I feel for that kid. I couldn't even begin to imagine the thought.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Newspapers typically will not post stories about suicides, so no surprise there. Just when someone real famous offs themselves. Finding a 6 month old suicide victim would be a horror show, to say the least.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Yikes. I guess atleast the family will get closure, so that is a good thing. And thankfully it wasn't summer time and HOT out, but still a horrible thing to come across.

·
Registered
13,559 Posts
i guess the bears and yotes ate good that night, 6 months in the woods their could not have been much left of him. i do feel bad for the poor kid who found him.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
That awful. Definitely would not want to trip over that in the dark.[down]

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
There could not be much left I imagine, probably just a pile of bones.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Even if it was fresh from a few days ago or a pile of bones I'm sure it was a dreadful sight that will haunt the poor kid the rest of his life, I feel bad for the kid

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
I hunt private land in Hewitt. Right next to appalachean trail.
Across from waywayanda. Poor kid. It is amazing bears did not destroy the body completely.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
i heard on the news somewhere in south jersey ducks hunters found a body in the marsh last week? see us hunters help find remains of loved ones even though its gotta leave a mark in the back of your head. but, all there worried about is us killing bears!! when we actually bring closure to families in worry , with out hunters some would never be found !! hope the kids recovers from phycological damage!! but at least he reported it and the family can begin to heal their hearts

1 - 20 of 41 Posts