New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
I'M NOT [email protected]!!! Dick's didn't include their 10$ coupon in the digest[down][down][down][down]

·
Registered
836 Posts
I just bought the 16.5 ladder stand last nite as well, since my last one was stoilen. Hopefully i will have better luck with this one. I also picked up the wildview infrared cam. Anyone have this camera and if so what do you think of it?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Field and Stream which I guess is dicks brand. They use the cheapest crap steal you can buy. The stands bend and break DON"T TRUST them! You get what you pay for, so since your life depends on the sturdiness of the stand at 20 feet. Spend a little more and get a good one.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
picked up a stand yesterday with some sticks great deal...i either like a stand with a big base so i can draw my bow back without falling or a flip up seat. this one has a flip up seat so im all set!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ill have to disagree. I have two field and stream treestands from dicks.There plenty sturdy ive been using mine for 3 years now and havent had any problems with it at all.All there stands are rated for 300 pounds as well.Its a sturdy trestand for the money.

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
i've never had a problem with any cheap stands from dicks..and the way theives are in this state i wont buy an expensive stand...the most expensive stand i own now is my ole man climber cause i know its going home with me everytime i use it

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
field and stream stands are great. They also sell "bigdog treestands" which are at a very reasonable price.

I've left a field and stream stand out inthe woods for a full year next hunting season i came back just to make sure it was useable anda til this day i still use it. That was three years ago[smoke]

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
I've left a field and stream stand out inthe woods for a full year next hunting season i came back just to make sure it was useable anda til this day i still use it. That was three years ago
The only caution I would add is to change the mounting strap anually

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Maybe I got a bad one then. I do like thier sticks and ladder stands

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.