New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woj let me know if you go there tomorrow, i will be leaving for Pa in an hour, and I am gonna hunt the morning RAIN or shine!!!!!

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Call me on my cell if you go, cause I cant get on here to check the site or mail [up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Jim, did they have that firearm sale yet. I never saw anything about that.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Currently Offline Posts: 279
Good luck at that place guys.Dick's is going downhill fast and get worse by the day!
Really. I just found Dicks a little over a month ago. I drove by dozens of times before that not knowing they had hunting & fishing stuff. Probably because the logo has only a basketball, soccerball & baseball I didn't think they had hunting stuff.

I thought it was pretty good. Why do you say it is going downhill?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
The one in Hanover said they were going to have a big sale around October.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
He said it is in the begining. I'll check them out. They don't advertise on their website.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
I had the bad experience of managing the hunting/fishing dept at one several years ago.
Too much sneaker store mentality corporate BS was like having my hands tied behind my back fighting a losing battle.
Not enough help,lack of qualified help,total mismanagement,lack of product,merchandise line shrinking,less quality products and more and more JUNK.But as long as paintball guns are instock and selling,who cares about the lack of real ones???
Our store manager was quoted as saying,"product knowledge means nothing".Maybee so, if certain products bascially sell themslves.Or,any idiot can sell sneakers.But when you are behing the gun counter or working on archer equip,you better know your stuff.We had guys that didn't even hunt,own a bow or a gun,in the hunting dept.What kind of credibility is that?
I've been to enough Dick's stores to formulate my opinions.One store,the kid behind the counter didn't know what an 870 was when I asked to see it.
Of course,there are exceptions,and I'm sure there are some decent knowledgeable staff around but that I'm sure is the exception rather than the rule! [down]

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Currently Online Posts: 280
Quote:

I had the bad experience of managing the hunting/fishing dept at one several years ago.
Too much sneaker store mentality corporate BS was like having my hands tied behind my back fighting a losing battle.
Not enough help,lack of qualified help,total mismanagement,lack of product,merchandise line shrinking,less quality products and more and more JUNK.But as long as paintball guns are instock and selling,who cares about the lack of real ones???
Our store manager was quoted as saying,"product knowledge means nothing".Maybee so, if certain products bascially sell themslves.Or,any idiot can sell sneakers.But when you are behing the gun counter or working on archer equip,you better know your stuff.We had guys that didn't even hunt,own a bow or a gun,in the hunting dept.What kind of credibility is that?
I've been to enough Dick's stores to formulate my opinions.One store,the kid behind the counter didn't know what an 870 was when I asked to see it.
Of course,there are exceptions,and I'm sure there are some decent knowledgeable staff around but that I'm sure is the exception rather than the rule!
As I said I just started going to Dicks on rt 10 in Hanover so I cannot comment on what it was like 2 years ago. The sales people in the gun/hunting department I have delt with seem knowledgable. I know the department manger from when he owned Buck 'N Bass. He is a very knowledgable guy although not the most personable. It seems to me they have a decent inventory also.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Danny from [email protected] [no swearing please] does know his stuff
Danny worked there when it was Accurate Archery and was a decent compound mechanic as Bobby Duncan was a good traditional mechanic, but it shows just how far that goes in the business world. Lack of management skills(and available capital)put most small business' under within their first five years. That shop should be a gold mine where it's located, but it's kept going under since 97.
As much as I feel Dick's sucks, their business savy, keeps them in the black. At least their good with some sale items. I made some great scores there last year and I'm still beating my head against the wall for not buying more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts