New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got denied Fid and Purchase rights in nj. Received the letter and says I have 30 days ( which is now like 20) to appeal which i will? anyone else go through this recently? I need info quick !!!

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Just got denied Fid and Purchase rights in nj. Received the letter and says I have 30 days ( which is now like 20) to appeal which i will? anyone else go through this recently? I need info quick !!!

Last edited by jsmooth323; Today at 05:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Wow, I don't know anyone who was denied for spelling....

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Did you spell your address wrong or name? I spelled the address wrong for my job an thankfully I called them up an had them switch it because I would been denied.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There was no stated reason on the denial form. two of my character references recieved phone calls: one answered confirmed a few things and it was good, the other for some reason did say i was thinking of moving to pa with my girl soon (which i wasnt and i am not going to) and everything else was good. Investigator did call and asked me, we cleared up the address issue ( or so i thought), and never heard from him again. I'm sure thats the issue but i didn't think that would be grounds for denial.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
There was no stated reason on the denial form. two of my character references recieved phone calls: one answered confirmed a few things and it was good, the other for some reason did say i was thinking of moving to pa with my girl soon (which i wasnt and i am not going to) and everything else was good. Investigator did call and asked me, we cleared up the address issue ( or so i thought), and never heard from him again. I'm sure thats the issue but i didn't think that would be grounds for denial.
They have to give you a reason. How could you file an appeal without knowing a reason? Call and speak with the Chief and get an answer.

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
You better find out what the denial was for. I thought they had to give you a reason.

·
Registered
10,374 Posts
Probably somebody with the same name as you was busted for having sex with cows... Now you're on the secret FBI no fly no gun list.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nope been a saint all my life. and a few months ago i was thinking of moving in with my girlfriend. it was more of a hypothetical idea at the time. my reference mentioned that which is probably why this is happening. i thought after talking to the investigator about the issue things were cleared up. guess not

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
nope been a saint all my life. and a few months ago i was thinking of moving in with my girlfriend. it was more of a hypothetical idea at the time. my reference mentioned that which is probably why this is happening. i thought after talking to the investigator about the issue things were cleared up. guess not
Just move in with your girlfriend in PA and be done with this bullshit.:smug:

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
I can't see any logic in them denying you because you may move to PA. Its not like PA is overly restrictive and you were trying to beat the system by getting a FID to buy guns before heading to a more restrictive state. PA is still part of free America, moving in with your girl may not be a bad idea, but I don't know her so I'm not qualified to say.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts