New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going out sat am to hunt the deleware north of the gap. Anyone hunt that area with and info? 1st time hunting the del. Will try to set up on one of the many islands.

B

·
0 Posts
never did waterfowl hunting there, just deer hunting, and if you crow hunt, please come to my area and take as many as you can, at times I feel like im in the Alfred Hitch [no swearing please] film "THE BIRDS"

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I used to hunt up there years ago but will be back there late season when things freeze up here. Watch which island you set up on. Some are on the Pa. side because the middle of the river ISN'T the border.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info i guess i will just set up on the jersey side to play it safe till i find out what is ok to hunt

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Posted: 25 Nov 2005 11:40 AM

Currently Offline Posts: 9
Going out sat am to hunt the deleware north of the gap. Anyone hunt that area with and info? 1st time hunting the del. Will try to set up on one of the many islands.
If you use the Poxano boat launch about 1/2 mile upstream is Poxano Island. The Jersey side of the island is a shallow backwater. The downstream end of the backwater has a big mudflat go to the upstream end.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Pa F&G told me I had to have a non res. lic to launch from Pa. side. They'll only allow NJ fishing lic to use the ramp. I pretty sure all of Poxano Island is Pa.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Lets say you have a fishing license from NJ, does that mean you can launch from PA even if you dont have a fishing rod?

B

·
0 Posts
Lets say you have a fishing license from NJ, does that mean you can launch from PA even if you dont have a fishing rod?
I guess.....but why would you have your fishing license but no rod with you? thats like deer hunting with license but no bow or firearm:p

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
i thought BobR was saying that you couldn't use the PA side ramps for hunting the Delaware, but you could use them for fishing.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
took a look at the poxono ramp today. someone was set up across from the ramp toward the pa side. heard a lone honker nearby, and about a dozen ducks circled the area before landing a little downstream. there was about 1/8" of ice in the standing water around the ramp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts