New Jersey Hunters banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know someone who had 3 handgun permits in his hand. He was denied and was upset because he thought he was cleared.. After you hear this you wont mind waiting. He volunteered that the reason he was denied was that nics found out that he was in a mental institution for 27 days when he was a kid. I support the nics process.

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
So I went last night to purchase my first handgun in this wonderful state of corruption. My paperwork was submitted at around 430-5pm and in about an hour went into the status of "delayed".

Just be glad you weren't "DENIED".

Due to a backlog of bureaucratic paperwork, the Feds are no longer processing appeals for NICS denials.

Feds suspend processing NICS denial appeals

Until further notice, these folks are left in a legal limbo, unable to legally receive a firearms from an FFL dealer.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I found out why the delay happened after speaking to a supervisor and I was cleared. Thanks for the advice all

Reactions: slayer1962

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
I know someone who had 3 handgun permits in his hand. He was denied and was upset because he thought he was cleared.. After you hear this you wont mind waiting. He volunteered that the reason he was denied was that nics found out that he was in a mental institution for 27 days when he was a kid. I support the nics process.
That's BS. They run a NICS check BEFORE they issue handgun permit to purchase. (and then again at time of purchase)

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I purchased my firearm at a gun shop about 45 mins away from me, the same day I received my ffl and my 2 pistol purchasing permits from the police station, I have now been in delayed status for 11 days and the gun shop is always rude and non helpful when I call won’t give me any reason why or even possibly when, jus looking for some advice maybe if others have had to wait as long as me before. I’m absolutely annoyed buy it I spent 800$ the day I purchased the gun and went home with nothing, 11 days later still nothing for my money.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
So I purchased my firearm at a gun shop about 45 mins away from me, the same day I received my ffl and my 2 pistol purchasing permits from the police station, I have now been in delayed status for 11 days and the gun shop is always rude and non helpful when I call won’t give me any reason why or even possibly when, jus looking for some advice maybe if others have had to wait as long as me before. I’m absolutely annoyed buy it I spent 800$ the day I purchased the gun and went home with nothing, 11 days later still nothing for my money.
maybe they think you’re a spam bot.?

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
I was delayed a couple times but i don't remember it taking any longer than three days ever.
I am picking up a pistol Saturday now that i opened my mouth it will be delayed for a week. lol

21 - 29 of 29 Posts