New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im headed up to the delaware river tonight. can you go anywhere or do you have to go in a certain spot? [confused]

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
whole area is open to hunt and fish, just watch for safety zones

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Be careful on the river. Calling for heavy rain this afternoon to tomorrow AM. The water level can come up FAST! not to mention the branches floating down

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am hunting for some ducks on wednesday, thursay and friday morning at the gap we will see how i do. thanks njplotts i keep an eye on it

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just go back. wednesday morning. i didnt take anything home. shot one mallard, drake. didnt die though. it swam off into some cover and i couldnt find it. i looked for it for about 30 min. i feel bad about it. plus i really wanted some duck for lunch. but ill try again tonight.[confusedagain]

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i forgot to post last night. i shot my first wood duck. a drake. i just set up in a small pond that i saw from a distance. there were so many ducks i shot one and couldnt get a second. but im happy. then this morning, thursday, i shot a mallard.

im going again tonight and tommorow morning so if somebody wants to meet up let me know

M

·
0 Posts
Take a fishing pole with you. Rig it w/ a 3 prong hook and use it to retreive the ducks by snagging them.[up] Good job on your harvests

1 - 8 of 8 Posts