New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where they stock pheasants at the Delaware Water Gap National Rec Area? Is it off Old mine road anywhere? Any specific info would be appreciated. Anybody heading there tommorow for opening day?

·
Registered
159 Posts
In the past they have stocked birds right off 206. There are cornfields on Old Mine. Haven't been out there in 3 years or so. Maybe they've changed.

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
Get there early and watch where others park. They generally stock all along Old Mine Rd.

The guys that hunt there often, know where to go.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
This may have changed due to budget cuts, but in the past:

There are lots of fields they stock there....I don't think they stock them all every week, but they randomly stock a certain percentage of the fields wach week. Some get stocked some don't.
Remember they only stock the federal property on Friday nights.

They stock Flatbrook and Walpack WMA's (And all pheasant stocked WMA's) Monday,Wenesday and Friday nights.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
I thought that was does?![rofl]

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Anybody know where they stock pheasants at the Delaware Water Gap National Rec Area?
I know where they are supposed to be stocked but they must of lost the key to the gates, they didn't stock in all places. I hunted with dogs and nothing in an area that typically all will limit out. We heard the typical barage over at Flatbrook for the first 15 minutes or so then it tapered off pretty quick. I believe they are stocking 30K less birds this year.

·
Registered
967 Posts
There are no pheasants at Flatbrook.
Its true. There's just a crazy man with an expensive double and two strange looking dogs wandering around mumbling to himself.

:)

I believe they are stocking 30K less birds this year.
Did something happen? I saw the stocking schedule and it said they were doing the usual 60K or so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts