New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there's any ice up on the Delaware, specifically just north of the gap, that first launch on the Jersey side north on Old Mine? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, not tomorrow - just curious b/c I'd like to hit a couple areas other than the mud marsh for the rest of the season. Getting tired of the smell.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Thats why I stopped hunting there. The last Black Mallard I took out of there tasted like the mud smells. I also just saw an article about all the toxins they found inthe waters over there... I don't care how many different birds fly there, I'm done with it.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do environmental consulting and have worked on alot of cleanup projects for facilities along the river. Not pretty but getting better. Think id like to try a couple different spots.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
i hunt near rt 78 for geese. i hunt the corn fields. was going to try the river with a friend this weekend (sat evening) river is NOT frozen as of last saturday and its been pretty warm. i just need to check the PA laws.. i read that the river goose season closes with whos ever season closes first. NJ or PA.

all the small ponds were frozen last week so the river was piled up with geese.. we got 5 on a corn field... seen a whole lot. they didnt commit tho. found out a decoy blew over (doesnt help matters)[down]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts