New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Looks like an abscess growth or something. Maybe he didn't jump high enough over a fence.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel sorry for the guy who takes him and has to gut it. Could you imagine the puss thats gonna come outta that![eek]

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Damn blue balls will kill you......[hihi]

Looks like a tumour of some sort.

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Yes,

I had a deer that was fine one week last year and appeared only days later looking exactly like that....

A few weeks later he was perfectly fine and was harvested by a friend with no noticeable problems.

JC

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
Yes,

I had a deer that was fine one week last year and appeared only days later looking exactly like that....
You have your own deer? you've experienced it all JC, I'm starting to think there's nothing you dont know! [rofl]

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
You have your own deer?
GVS,

We are talking about trail cam pics here....I had a deer on my trail cam pics that was fine one week last year and appeared only days later looking exactly like that.

As for you backhanded comment that I have..." experienced it all"....well if that is how you personally want to qualify my knowledge base relative to your expectaions...so be it. Howver, one thing is for sure, if you had looked through over a hundred thousand trail cam pics in the last year alone you wouldn't be so shocked about having seen something like this.:p

JC

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
over a 100,000 pics in a year? 2,000 pics a week?
Yes...well over 2000 a week. (Last week was 6500 as I left both cams on trail settings, one over buck jam, the other over corn.)

As for the chop busting that is fine when it is done once...However, when it becomes a recurring theme as it has with you it is no longer just a joke.

JC

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Experience....

Here are the pictures that you seemed to be suggesting didnt exist GVS, (I know you were just joking..hehe)...I have several more of this deer if you are interested. I also have several after he was harvested as well.

Interestingly enough, you will notice that the picture taken this day last year, (September 2nd), where the deer has the stomach problem we are discussing also showed up at the same exact time of year as the one pictured in the original post...I have littel doubt this is a coicidence....and also as I previously stated, based on my expereince having seen this before, the deer pictured in the original posts will be fine in a few weeks.

JC

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He doesnt look or act as if hes misrable or in any pain. I have video of him and he looks and act perfectly fine.

Im hoping JC is correct and it will go away on its own. Ill keep you posted.[up]

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Im hoping JC is correct and it will go away on its own. Ill keep you posted.
Goto,

If I get a chance I will go through my cam pics tonight and see when the next time was I saw this buck without the bulge. I don't think I saw him for another month after that last pic but I am certain it was gone by the next time I saw him.

BTW...did you just start feeding him corn?

JC

1 - 20 of 41 Posts