New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DEER TICK WARNING

I hate it when people forward bogus warnings...but this one is REAL, and it's very important.

So please send this warning to everyone on your e-mail list:

If someone comes to your front door saying they are conducting a survey on deer ticks and asks you to take your clothes off and dance around with your arms over your head, DO NOT DO IT!!

IT IS A SCAM !!!

They only want to see you naked.

I really wish I'd gotten this yesterday - I feel so stupid now !!!!:D[smirk]

** Just thought I'd start all y'alls day off with a wmile!!!:D

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I didnt think you'd be able to count ticks while you were running around screaming; "PUT YOUR CLOTHES BACK ON!!!" "OH MY GOD...MY EYES....MY EYES...."

Oh well, I dont feel too silly, I answered the door naked.

I honestly dont even look for ticks anymore, if I happen to find them on me, of course I remove them, but I dont specificly look for them. My brother had lyme disease, and it got pretty bad before we found out and got him medication. Im figuring I either have it already, or Ive been lucky so far. I have some of the symptoms, but Im not going to a doctor until I have bells palsey (sp?) where half your face goes limp, (like a stroke) Thats how we knew my brother had it. At least I will get my moneys worth if they have to fix my face too...Plus too, if I go there like that, there HAS to be something wrong with me. I wont just be paying for them to tell me Im fine. :D

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Matty -

All kidding aside, DON"T mess around with Lymes Disease !!!!

It's really a debilitating illness, if left untreated, and most insurance companies will not cover the IV (intraveneous) when you get into the later stages of the disease.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/lyme/diagnosis.htm

I've had it since the mid-1990's, and I never had the "bullseye" rash.

Luckily I was treated with antibiotics for a month when I first got it, and I haven't been re-infected to date (I get tested EVERY March after hunting season - You can get re-infected again, even though Lymes stays in remission in your body for the rest of your life, once you have had it - It's kind of like Malaria).

A lot of friends of mine found out too late, and have/had everything from heart problems to Rheumatoid Arthritis to Menangitis.[sad]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
man JT everyday we find out another problem you have had. You know the saying "if it was a horse...".

Hell i thought i had it bad with having sleep apnea!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I found a deer tick in my skin after turkey hunting last week. So far no rash, but I'm on antibiotics anyway.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Woj - No gr [no swearing please] grows on the bottom of my shoes & a$$!!!! :D

I've always been active at various things - school/after school (wrestled from age 7 - 16 and played baseball from 7 - 26, raced bicycles from 18-22), work (computer), in the community (Little League Coach, Eagle Scout/Order of the Arrow/Asst. Scoutmaster for almost 34 years, & Volunteer Firefighter/First Aider/EMT for 23 years, Elks, & American Legion), and in the outdoors (fishing, hunting, clamming, crabbing).

Some things are bound to happen to you when involved in sooooo many things!!! :D[up]

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
i got lyme disease in 8th grade.. was treated for it..only symptom that remains is arthritis in the knuckles. i consider myself lucky knowing people who had it a whole lot worse. my dad got bells paulsey.. not from a tick tho, just from destroyed nerves. its tough. had to wear a patch in order to hunt because if a stick came close his eye couldnt react to blink .. its been almost a year now and he is about 85% back to normal. lip is still droopy. good thing for him is they did a MRI for it and found a petuitary tumor which will in time make him blind...that means no more hunting.. now they found it they will keep an eye on it to remove it before that happens.

·
11,226 Posts
If someone comes to your front door saying they are conducting a survey on deer ticks and asks you to take your clothes off and dance around with your arms over your head, DO NOT DO IT!!
I like to do that dance when those nice people with the bibles and/or god pamphlets in thier hands come knocking at my door! Come to think of it it's been awhile since they have stopped by!:D I wonder why?[confused]:D;)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JerseyJim -

I like to do that dance when those nice people with the bibles and/or god pamphlets in thier hands come knocking at my door! Come to think of it it's been awhile since they have stopped by! I wonder why?
I wonder out of genuine curiousity...[confused]

Did them there "nice people with bibiles and God pamphlets" stop coming around have anything to do with YOU wearing Confederate Flag pattern boxers, before gettin' "neck-ed", and the Larry The Cable Guy "Git-R-Done" baseball cap (w/the Confederate Flag embroidery on it) on your head while doin' the "Texas Two Step", the "Tush Push", or the "Hucklebuck" dances. Or was it the "Cloggin'" that REALLY sent them packing'?!?!?!?!?!? :D[up]

(I'm probably goin' straight to Hell for that one, amongst many other things!!![smirk])

1 - 10 of 10 Posts