New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals, my oldest son is an active duty Marine and he is planning on coming home for two weeks in December. He has his hunting license and wants to shotgun deer hunt during the permit season. I inquired at a sporting goods store when I purchased my shotgun and muzzle loader permits and was told that I could not purchase the permits online and that I had to call Fish and Game. I checked in the hunting digest and found information for the National Guard where they can get free licenses and permits. I also see the section about active military where they can purchase licenses through a license agent. I'm confused about where to go from here. Has anyone here have experience or know who I could call? The worst case scenario is that I purchase the permits. Any thoughts or help?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I believe the only deal active duty personnel get is state price on license and permits if they have orders for nj. But if he never changed his license he pays residents rates anyways.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the only deal active duty personnel get is state price on license and permits if they have orders for nj. But if he never changed his license he pays residents rates anyways.
Ok. I'll probably go ahead and purchase the permits. He doesn't expect a free hand out but, he just figured that he could get a discount but, knows that we're dealing with New Jersey.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please thank him for his service.

I'll pay for his permit.

PM me with his/your paypal info.
Hi Mike, it's very generous and very thoughtful of you to offer to pay. Thank you. Unfortunately, I just checked the digest (My fault) and the dates of when my son will be home, there is no shotgun deer season. He doesn't have his muzzle loader permit. So, I guess, I'll take him down to Virginia instead to hunt. He's only around a short time. He's scheduled to be deployed early next year and he wants to come home to surprise my wife and try to get some hunting in before he leaves again.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thank your son for his service please let me know if I can help in anyway to get your kid out while he is home maybe we can get him a crossbow to use?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Please thank him for his service.

I'll pay for his permit.

PM me with his/your paypal info.
Awesome to see this!

I believe NY will give him resident prices with an AD ID card. Its a shame this state doesn't give him a free license, when I go back to NY on leave I hunt and fish for free. Good luck to you and yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts