New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STUFFED DEER HEAD STOLEN FROM MAN'S GARAGE

LINCOLN PARK- A stuffed whitetail deer head mounted in a Dehart St resident's garage was stolen sometime over the weekend, police said.
The resident, who preferred not to be identified, had hunted the deer himself and estimated it's worth at approximately $600, Sgt. William Karback said.
The man reported the theft to police around 3pm on Monday. He told police the last time he saw the head hanging on the wall was on Friday.
Karback responded to the report by issuing a press release in the hopes that the head will turn up.
"I don't know what kind of resale value there would be in a stuffed deer head. It's not something commonly reported to us." Karback said.
"Thats why I sent the press release. I thought it would be something that would stick in someone's mind if a nieghbor saw someone carrying a deer head."
Police said the mounted head had been hanging in the garage for several years and there was no sign of forced entry. The whitetailed deer head had 8 points on it's antlers.
Anyone with info about the incidentis are asked to contact the Lincoln Park Police Department Detective Bureau at (973) 694-5533...
Can you believe this? It was in Thursdays Daily Record. Lock up your deer heads friends! LOL! [confused][confused]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I guess I will leave mine at my parents house when I move to Lincoln Park next month.

·
Registered
612 Posts
$600 is a bit high... looking on ebay, deer mounts go from about 150 to 250, and those are pretty nice racks. Elk and moose go for upwards of $1000, depending on the rack.

·
Registered
612 Posts
As far as I know, it's legal to sell hides and horns but not the meat.

The only thing(s) that go on my wall are the animals I've taken... I keep sheds and winter kills but don't mount them... so I don't know Jim.[confused]

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I worked in a house last year that had a 7 point head hanging in the home bar room. I asked the guy where he got him and he said from a friend who got it at a garage sale! He doesn't hunt but likes the way it looked in the room! So I guess thats who buy's them....[confused]...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts