New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the seminars at the Deer classic at Raritan. Sunday January 15th 11:00am. Carole Kandoth the Deer Project leader will be giving the seminar and discussion on the management of our deer herd. Details on the NJDEP Div. of fish and wildlife web site. Might be a good time to express your feelings.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
According to Carole Kandoth, principal biologist for the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife's (DFW) Deer Research Project, last year's whitetail harvest was down about 16 percent from what it was the prior year.

"This was due in part to regulations changes made last season," Kandoth explained. "Other factors may have come into play, ones which I am still in the process of analyzing. This includes license and permit sales."
Last fall and winter, New Jersey deer hunters harvested a total of 58,564 deer during all of the combined seasons. During the prior year's slate of hunts, 69,456 deer were bagged.

You can bet hunters are fed up with the rip off permit fees, which only give you a small zone to hunt.
That along with license money being "juggled".

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
If she is who I am thinking of she is quite good looking. Maybe I can get a date.

Seriously I think they are considering eliminating some of the annilhation zones.

She is probably giving the same presentation they gave at the Morris/Passaic UBNJ meeting. I understood them to say that the antler point restrictions in zones 3;6 and others is going to end.

G

·
Im going down on the 14th, meeting up with some of the guys from here. I can't make it on the 15th at 11am I'll be at work

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
i was emailing back and forth with carole last year bout my dislikes with the earn-a-buck. her tone of answering my emails wasnt very professional. she kinda sounded like she wasnt too fond of us hunters. maybe it was just stress of dealing with our complaints, but i think she doesnt really care what we have to say

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
My dealings with her were not like your's buckrun, she was okay. I have also heard they are considering discontinuing the zones with antler point restrictions.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Go back in the History books and see what the Total Hrvest was back in the 80's and 90's.

Total Harvest for all seasons.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
but i think she doesnt really care what we have to say
You couldn't be more wrong. Carole is a hunter herself. Keep in mind that if you want to argue with her about the status of the deer situation in NJ you better have facts behind you to prove what you are saying. Just telling her that "I don't see as many deer as I used to" ain't going to cut it.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I wish I could get down for that, but I will be working. Maybe someone from here could paraphase the talk on here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.