New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen them yet, but I know there’s a decent deer herd in Clifton around the Costco off Rt. 3. My uncle and I saw the tracks this winter in the snow.

B

·
0 Posts
SQ, your not far from me, lets get out treestands, and bows and go huntin

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey BHC.. I used to live in Clifton, still have a lot of family there. I now live in Monmouth cnty. I hunt a lot up north, like Worthington, and Stokes. I also have a few little spots here in monmouth cnty that I bow hunt. Do you hunt public land in zone 4 at all?

B

·
0 Posts
Yes I hunt zone 4 all the time, and I love it. same area I took my bear from

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really? The few spots we hunt with the bow, we can go all year and see maybe 1 or 2 other people. I don't hunt it with the gun, but with the bow it's usually just my group.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
i live in clifton..once seen a deer in weasle brook park on paulison ave ! my guess is they come down the train tracks from paterson moutain looking for food in the winter. they are soooo over populated up there (west paterson)

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
The passaic county police property on Valley Road is loaded with them. I often have to drive around one on my way hunting, Then on my way home empty handed there all grazing on the lawn giving me the bird.[sad]

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I saw 2 deer in Hawthorne Tuesday night on Goffle Road...The lead doe came inches away from being a hood ornament...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts