New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading out now to meet up with Matty. We'll let you know how we do.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Geuss I'm lucky hunitng in my back yard . I am heading out now . I see the time you guys are up and heading out .

Good luck guys !

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
5 doe and all tiny . 3 of them gave me good shots but I decided to p [no swearing please] on them .

Jumped one on the way out but all I seen was tail .

Don

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't see any. Matty was going to try to push some to me, but he shot her instead.[confused]

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Good Job Matty!

I won't be able to get out until Wed night[mad]

-dan

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Matty where did you guys go today? How big was your doe? Congrats!![up]

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Very close!!wind shifted and I got winded by a 160 cl [no swearing please] 10 with split brows:( passed on an iffy shot.For now I will just have to stare at his picture some more.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Very close!!wind shifted and I got winded by a 160 cl [no swearing please] 10 with split brows passed on an iffy shot.For now I will just have to stare at his picture some more.
Come on Mark, give it up dude, share the picture. I swear that wasn't me in your rearview mirror.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Just a decent doe, she went about 80-85# dressed on my scale. I just got done quartering her up.

I went to push deer to Mike/stillhunt, and I spooked a few that way, but they never went all the way to him. Slowed way down to a snails pace, and saw movement up the hill. Saw it was a deer, and thought it was headed away, but soon realized it was coming down the hill right in front of me. I knelt down where I was, and as she came down the hill I drew back, she was still moving at a good pace, so when she got to about 20 yards broadside I let out a loud bleat with my mouth. She slammed on the brakes and I let her have it. The Magnus Stinger blew through her, and she let out a bleat as it hit. She took off on fire, and started getting goofy where I could last see her.

I thought I hit her a little far back, so I snuck out to Mike and went in at 11:30 or there abouts. When I recovered her, it was a double lung, she only went maybe 100 yards. Died right near where I saw her staggering. The blood was poor where the shot took place, but it picked up maybe 30 yards down the trail.

Good luck to those going out this afternoon. [up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your not coming Matt?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts