New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Hunted for years off Amwell Road which is back from Rt 206S jsut past Dukes Farms. Lots of deer and some nice bucks but development took a lot of the land away as well as the experience. The area gets prety well hammered each year but there are loads of nasty pockets and private lands where some bruiser bucks hold over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just sit up my tree stand in zone 14 today "11/15/2005" saw a hole lot of deer mark where there are walking this will be my first year hurting with a gun i have 2 buck and 2 doe " that if you count hitting them with a car / truck " wish me luck

·
Registered
973 Posts
Who else here hunts in Zone 14? And if so, where
Yoda- try hunting six mile run- Deer Bow hunting only. There is a ton of does and watch out when a bruiser comes along. It's tough hunting since there are not many tree stand locations. Lots and lots of walking, so you better be in shape and have a carry cart. I usually go there during winter Bow. See alot of wild life(fox, coyote, bear etc..) there, so it makes the cold weather not so bad.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yoda4x4,
I hunt in 6 mile run off of Rt 27. They have some big bucks in the out of the way areas. It's a EAB area. I missed on the opener. Had some 4 pointers walk by, but I stll got to get my Doe first. If you want to get together, I will give you a guided tour. We live in the same town.
Dave

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
scout,

That would be awesome. What are you doing Sunday afternoon? Want to go and "scout"?

David

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Great place to hunt....especially later in the season after the mountain bikers and horseback riders leave.

They plant crops in the park some years too. Not many trees to hunt out of...may be better off with a ground blind. Tough place to hunt though...lots of hedgerows and cedar fields. Just gotta be in the right place literally.

BIG BIG bucks in there though!!!

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heck no. Just looking for a spot that's closer to work. Maybe I could do some weekdays there next year.

Me give up on Assumpink??? NO WAY. I love Assumpink. You should know that. Hehe hehe hehe :D

David

·
Registered
345 Posts
i belong to the club that runs up from willow road across from the newer golf course. i dont shotgun hunt it but they took 8 bucks in the six-day. there seems to be more deer in there this year than ever but its probably b/c of all the development in the area. Still some nice bucks around

·
Registered
152 Posts
Eden,
Were any of the 8 nice bucks?
I hunt on the otherside of the golf course down in from the tracks. I had a long shot on a nice 8 pointer but as luck would have it could not get through the thick stuff. The senior developement on weston road is going to put a damper on many of the deer that were in the area. They leveled over 50 acres of timber. There were alot of transition trails from there past me and into the golf course.
Good luck.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey Yoda4x4 ...I'm a big fan of assunpink,too ...spent the last couple seasons getting to know the place ...where do hunt there ...I hunt around the main lake and near the shotgun range ...haven't ventured too far east

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's cool.

I've never hunted around the main lake. The one thing you can easily say about Assumpink is that there's a ton of property you can go on. I know that once the deer hunting season is over, I'm going to start scouting some of the other areas. I had noticed that once pheasant season started, my area dried up like there was no tomorrow.

David

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I been hunting 14 for oner 25 years.Just took a nice 7 pointer 169lbs on sat 2/4/06 right off rt.1.I have about 700 ars to hunt.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts