New Jersey Hunters banner

Deer Hunting 10/24

3K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  wojtowicza 
#1 ·
Good luck to all who go out today. Hopefully, some big boy/or gal (ah what do I care) will show their face.

David

#11 ·
My hunting partner got a doe early this morning so i helped him drag her out. Hung her up and decided to head to one of my other spots to scope it out for the afternoon. I figured since it was pretty moist this morning I wouldn't be too noisy or disrtub much. I was wrong. It was still early (9:30) but there wasn't anyone in the parking lot so I headed in. Well I get to the woods head in about fifteen yards and see a bait pile then look up. I walked in on someones hunt. Sorry bout that whoever you are!!![sad] Didn't mean to screw up ur hunt. Just didnt see anyone parked at the entrance so i thought it was all clear. Well I'll be out this evening. Hopefully I can get a doe so my uncle wont be bothering me for meat anymore.;) Again sorry to the guy I walked in on.

#12 ·
Me, MAtty, and Ian, Had a bad mornigncause my flooded property messed up where we were going to set stand. So we ended up hunting another piece of the property and Ian and Matty did not see anything I saw about 9 and one of them a nice shooter buck. I also saw a ferret or a mink or something long black animal looked like a ferret walked right by me.??

#13 ·
Saw 5 bucks this morning,the 3 biggest ones were hanging together,and they were actually letting a button buck tag along with them. the 4th buck came up about a minute after they passed. Then I saw a little 4 pointer when I was leaving.Actually I saw 6 if you count the buck that was hit this morning on rt 31.

#15 ·
Dave - I got your message this morning. Good luck out there. I didn't hunt this weekend - family obligations.

Next Saturday is looking good.

#21 ·
Went out this morning Moe Mountain Waywayanda SP. Saw a 3-4 pointer trolling at 9 am; saw a doe at 9:15; saw the same forkhorn at 9:30 still trolling. He crossed the doe's path with no reaction. He did follow the doe in heat drag I put down on the way in. He followed it the wrong way. He was not legal in zone 3 anyway.

There were a fair amount of rubs & scrapes in the area judging from the size trees rubbed I think it was all from the forkhorn.

#22 ·
I bumped deer on my way to stand in the dark. As soon I I got set up I could here them running back and forth with 30 yards. Whenit got light I never saw a deer.
At 1:30 me and 2 buddies are bullsh%$#ing and a Doe walks by on a ridge about 70 yards away. I know exactly where shes heading so I grab my bow and get about 100 yards ahead of her. 10 minutes later she walks by broadside at 10 yards. (Dead Doe#3) The bear didn't get this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.