New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got permission to hunt 50 acres in Galloway. Anybody ever hunt this zone (42). I'm gonna scout on Sunday and set up for winter bow and hope for the best. I just hope the property hasn't been hunted.

·
Registered
524 Posts
i also hunt 42 with stugotz in eg harbor twp. we got one deer this year during 6 day on a permit. Lots of tracks but i think they are going nocturnal at least in my part. Saw 2 hunters driving down the road in galloway the other day, don't know if its your spot or not.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I used to have permission on 23 acres in Galloway. The land was sold and I lost permission. You might be in decent shape depending on where the land is and what's around it. I was off the WHP near cologne ave and had some decent deer on the property. If only it would have been a little bigger, I might have been able to keep them on the property more of the time...

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not to mention, Babcock Rd.
There's still some good area off of Babcock.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Very true...just my problem is the accessibility part. I'm in a power wheelchair nowadays.

I've even took a look down the "new" paved path ie. railroad bed. I'm just not sure if it would be considered legal to hunt off that area anymore.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey CS, I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. Do you manage to get out at all?

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Don't be sorry, I was young and dumb (well, maybe still dumb [hihi]). I just didn't play my cards right...so to speak.

Anyhow, about hunting...This past 06' fall/permit season I missed due to no help and anything after that was just to cold for me.

Now, in 04' or 05' I tried a spot out in zone 46 where I knew deer would be. Just didn't realize until I hunted how many folks were in those woods. At that time my help (my father, a non hunter) took me and set me up. I only hunted two Saturdays because of his schedule though. Anyhow, after he set me up I'd tell him the time to meet me back in the woods. In those two days I seen my share of does just no bucks and I wasn't going to shoot something not worth my fathers troubles. Meaning; he never followed a blood trail or field dressed a deer in his life. The truth be known he wouldn't have been able to stomach it.

Make a long story short...just being back out there was a blast. Hearing deer come up from behind me, seeing a deer walk five yards by me and to the bait was fun. I just think the amount of trafic in and out of the woods had the bucks bedded or pushed away.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey CS, send me your email address [email protected] reference NJH cause I delete unfamiliar mails

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
50 acres is a good sized piece for Atlantic Co. I've hunted alot in Galloway and always saw alot of deer. I like to see houses from my stand. That's when you know it's a good spot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts