New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been brought up before but after doing searches I figured i would just create a new topic....

Im not in bear country so not an issue there...

What food block are you guys using with success? How big are the ones you use and how long will they "typically" last?

I have one stand I keep bait at religiously to keep does around and Ive been using corn. Small amounts spread out over a large area. I go in one night during the week and on the weekends when I hunt to bring in more bait whether im hunting that stand or not...

Wondering if the block would help me with less site visits and be worth it?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
We use the Purina Antlermax blocks all year round. They last 2 weeks to a month depending on moisture and time of year. We drill a hole through them and cable to the nearest tree. The bears like to steal them.....whole!

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I've tried a few and the deer do like them but bear like em more so I don't waste my money on them anymore.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bears not a problem for where im at....

Thanks for the responses keep em coming guys n gals[up]

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
I use purina deer blocks. They last a week with 15 to 20 deer in the area. Bears don't mess with them. They just sniff and leave.

Reactions: Tarhunt

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I use the wild berry record rack blocks from tractor supply and have does on them all the time in both spots. The other is in bear country with does on it but no bears on them. My cousin used a big&j block in flemington with bucks all over it. He just shot a nice 8 Sunday. I have it north of him and in a different town and it's been there barely touched since September

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mine from a week before hunting season are either gone or size of tennis balls now. They last. The deer pick at them. Not their first choice of food. But it keeps them around when there is no corn.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I have an acorn rage block (the big one) and ive watched deer actually chew on it and scrape their teeth across it to break a piece off. Everytime i go to check my cam i have to move the block back in front of the camera.no bears here

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I tried Record Rack a few years ago. The deer ignored them but I got countless pics of crows on them.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
I use purina deer blocks. They last a week with 15 to 20 deer in the area. Bears don't mess with them. They just sniff and leave.
When I do bait to see what bucks are in the area usually around Thanksgiving, I use the Purina blocks. They will usually last two weeks or so.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I tried the record rack block from TSC last year, and it was not touched…. They literally walked past it. It sat in the woods for 2 months until the first big snow storm and then they hit it hard and it lasted about 2 weeks. But until then I had nothing on camera.

I have used the Sportsman choice crunch block sold at TSC and have never been disappointed. I put it out a week before bow season starts, and it will last about a month.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts