New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I said that I would post some better pix today of the 8 pointer I shot yesterday, and here they are. As you will see there are the usual pix of the happy hunter posing with his harvest, bow in hand with a smile on his face. But later this morning I smiled even brighter.
On the way to the butcher, I stopped by my Mom's nursing home. She is suffering from Dimentia. She is getting worse all the time, and has had some very bad days lately, with her speach becoming worse all the time.
I put on her coat and rolled her wheelchair out to my truck. When I dropped the tailgate, a big smile broke out on her face. And as clear as day she said " That's a nice one " and " You did good ". I can still see her looking at my first deer that I shot when I was the ( long ago ) tender age of 13, saying the same words, with that same proud smile on her face.
Below are the photos from today. The first two are good, but to me the last one is PRICELESS !!
Guys, enjoy every minute with your families, because sometimes life can deal some cruel cards.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Excellent photo's. The pic of your Mom is priceless!! With a smile like that you'd think she shot it [up]

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Great photos. I'm sure the dealing with the problem your Mom has is tough. Just be glad you have her there no matter what the case. Because when they are gone, you no longer have any new smiles, just memories.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
i wish anit-hunters could read your post then see the smile from your mom and understand the power and great feelings a whitetail can bring to people[up]

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I have never seen a picture that has made me stop and stare like that one.
Congrats and i wish your mom all the best.[up][up][up][up][up]

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for all your kind words. As we speak,I'm printing two 8X10's of the one picture of Mom. One for her dresser in he room, and one for mine.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Wow, great pic of your mom. it was very touching. I wish her and you all the best.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Those are some very wise words. My Mom and Dad are in their 80's and thankfully are still doing ok. I have spent most of the last 15 years just enjoying any and every conversation or activity I have with them. My Mom can hardly walk at all anymore and it is very sad to see them loose some of their abilities. But I thank God each and every day for them. I bring my 2 boy's down to "Grandma and Grandpa's house" at least once a week to brighten up their day.

I hope your Mom has more good day's than bad one's in her future. We all have a lot to be thankful for when we stop for a minute and take a look around us!

God bless your Mom.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Great pictures Paul and you are correct the last picture is priceless. Reminds me of my uncle who suffered a stroke many years ago and was literally dying each day, dialysis wasn't working. He knew deer season was coming up and he asked my cousin if anyone got anything. He said Mike did and a big smile came over his face. He died 2 weeks later. I wish I was able to hunt with him more than I did.
Paul you will treasure that picture for a long time.

B

·
0 Posts
Congrats on your buck Paul[up] I wish my mother was still alive, to see her 4 kids grown. My aunt who is like a mother to me suffers from the same horriable disease as your mother, so I know 1st hand what your going thru. GOD BLESS YOUR MOTHER!!!!!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Paul- Congrats on the deer and taking the time to brighten your mothers day. Every memory you make lasts a life time.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Is there a better way to end a hunt than to have a your family glow at what you've accomplised? I don't think so.

Congrats!

David

·
Registered
834 Posts
Congrats on the deer and that last pic, man it is great. Between last nite and today i must say it made me shed a tear. Last nite i watched the show the flight that fought back from 9/11. Man, the last phone calls those people made was really touching, made me tear up a little just to think how life can be. Remember to always tell the people you love that you love them each day. It will put a smile on their face just like the one in your last picture. Congrats again and best of luck to your mom.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts