New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else is pissed off because of check in station hours? I usually tag in deer at Bordy's and on Saturday they close @ 4:00 and I work on Sundays making it hard to tag deer in. There has to be a better way to tag in does after you get you're buck tag. Maybe by phone or internet. I recently went on a hunting trip to Maryland and you tag in deer by phone. You recieve a few tags with you're license and you call it in and get a confirmation number. Let me know if anybody has any ideas, and maybe we can get fish and game involved.:)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Drag - Yes its true Oges77 shot a deer, but it didnt die in the back yard like everyone thinks..It died on the outskirts of the yard..It was a perfect shot and it just ran a little ways..Oges77 recovered the deer and we gutted it and got it out with no issues..Some old man with no hobbies decided to play detective and follow the blood trail and try to make a big stink about it now..Now there is a town meeting tonite about it and a whole lot of drama arose from this..Just wait till next time that guy is driving his $100,000 mercedes down the street and hits a deer...Im willing to bet he's gonna beg Oges77 to come back and kill those deer...

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Tagging is becoming a royal pain in the butt. Alot of places do close early on Saturdays. When the time changes they are open so its temporary. I wish we did have an easier system..

Oges,,,your name was mentioned in another post regarding a deer that expired in a "not so pleasant" spot..What happened?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I wish there was one or two regional check in stations run by Fish and Game with a Conservation Officer on duty until 10pm. I wouldn't mind if I had to drive an hour, just as long as I can get my deer checked in.

If the state allows hunting until sunset, they should assure that you can check your deer in until later in the day.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The spot I was hunting is legal. I'm over 450 feet in all directions from houses but they have big backyards. I did nothing wrong and was also confirmed by the Morris township police. These rich people just love the drama. Point is, they're wrong and I'm right. It just stinks that it went this far. There is a town counsel meeting tonight and ch 12 news will be there so i'm sure it will be on the news later tonight. About the tagging issue, someone should send some suggestions to Fish & Game because tagging deer is a huge inconvienence. It would be so easy doing it by phone or internet. F&G just doesn't feel like spending the time or money on it, but our license keeps on going up every year.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
not enough deer and turkey check stations around.half the turkey check stations don't open up till 9am so it presents a problem if you go out in the am before work.alot of times they are closed or have a sign on the door saying they stepped out and will return soon.that's why alot of guys don't even bother checking in game because all the hassle involved.
I always check in anything that I harvest but it is tough sometimes to find a check station.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Tell me about it....

It is a pain. I normally end up tagging it in the next morning.

Phone and internet would be great! Mail in tags would work too.

I can see why they want you to bring it in, but it is a hassle sometimes.

That reminds me, is County Line Sportshop still open to take Bank A Doe deer? I know the owner passed away, :( But Im hoping they are still open....Thats my usual check station.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Currently Offline Posts: 27
Who else is pissed off because of check in station hours? I usually tag in deer at Bordy's and on Saturday they close @ 4:00 and I work on Sundays making it hard to tag deer in. There has to be a better way to tag in does after you get you're buck tag. Maybe by phone or internet. I recently went on a hunting trip to Maryland and you tag in deer by phone. You recieve a few tags with you're license and you call it in and get a confirmation number. Let me know if anybody has any ideas, and maybe we can get fish and game involved.
What your proposing has been in effect in NYS ever since I can remember.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
yea it sucks I was lucky enough to get my deer check in at Bobs on rt 15 last night. But they are not a bank a doe station.[mad]

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
For you guys down my way, the Texaco Station on Rt. 206 in Indian Mills ( Shamong Twp. ) is open from 6am - 10pm and will check deer during those hours. It's great for me. If it wasn't for the swamp, I could literally drag the deer to their door. Sometimes I just throw them on the quad and drive them there :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Bummer, my nick name is "can't get right". Pretty funny huh? no matter what I do, I can't get right. The name just stuck.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts