New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
My girlfriend is getting a kick out of the sounds the deer make, shes actually laughing her [no swearing please] off, cause we try to imitate theses sounds

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
IMB21 there really easy to do. Just record the sounds of LOVE MAKING[up]:D:D

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
(anyone have any good links to making good grunt calls, so I can figure what I'm doing?)

Drome this is the question you ask before. Now do you see what I mean by eating a lot of Pork and Beans. Can you honestly tell me you can't imitate this sounds with your rectal cavity. Of course you have to put some practice into it.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
To be honest, those calls are not very realistic sounding.

I had to laugh. All of those sounds are being recreated by a human using calls, and most are not being recreated very well.

They do give you a general idea though. I guess if thats the only thing you have to go by.....its better than nothing.

If you are really interested in learning calling though, you just have to listen to actual deer. It can take years to hear all the different sounds, but once you learn them, and learn to recreate them, they work like a charm. Dragthor has seen how effective calling can be. We arent going to divulge details, but I called in two shooters in one morning. Hes even started to use calling more effectively himself, he called in the six point he shot. [up][up]

Once you learn what the calls mean, when to use them, and how to recreate them with realism, you WILL call in deer. Theres just no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Calling is one of the most effective ways to hunt em!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Tony , Drome has a piece of skin in that area that dosen't let him blast them out if you no what I meen..:D It's more of a whistle sound from him...

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Oh I'll give you all the details you want on calling, Im talking about the spot we were in, and the size of the bucks we saw. Too many people already ask me about spots. I dont want to start giving away my honey holes. Sometimes I wonder if guys actually scout. Awful lot of emails asking about where to hunt.[down]

As for the calling, Ive described a lot of it in previous posts. Do a search, if you cant find what you need, ask me. Im not claiming to be the best caller around either, but I have a LOT of luck with it. Its by far my favorite technique.[up][up]

I didnt mean to come across as a jerk, Im always willing to help!:)

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
No Offense taken Matty,we all know you know your stuff! I know what you mean by protecting your spots-at one time my GPS had a bounty out on it!!!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Matty I feel so hurt with those comments. Did you know how much pork and beans and Molsons I put down to make those sounds. You try it some day it takes a lot of talent. I was inspired by my wife to make that audio, as you can see I have specialized my anal vocalization. It takes a lot of Abdominal control, but I have finally perfected the technique.
Do you guys think I should make a tape and sell it??? For you guys of cource, it will be a special price.
Drome with that flat of skin that you have, just tied a rubber band around it, and like I told you before, PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Drome has a piece of skin in that area that dosen't let him blast them out if you no what I meen.. It's more of a whistle sound from him...

Ill remember that when you need a hand dragging a bear out of the woods!!!! And this is from the same guy who said hey don't be dissappointed you have a lot of scrub pines out here!!! ;)

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Matt, do you use calls or do you do it by mouth??I have to admit I dont think I am very good at calling and most times not confident enough to try.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts