New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the doe out of the way today. Now it's time to hunt for Bubba. Question though, will deer know that one of their pals was whacked today? Can they smell death from the blood?

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
I am from the school that says no, It doesn't matter.... [up][up]

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
seen deer shot and then next day deer cross the blood trail no probs

·
Registered
986 Posts
i have not had it bother them and have killed deer out of the same stand the next day. I only gut my deer on one end of our property no where near my stand

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info! Shot her with a Rage 2 blade. Oh my god, destroyed her.I was nervous about expandables but I'm sold now, she went 30 yards with a bloodtrail like an oil slick and a hole the size of a golfball!

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I've shot does one day during 6 day and left the gut piles and then shot a buck the next day from the same stand. And then was after peeing from the stand in the AM. [hihi][rofl]

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I shot a doe one year and she walked 10 yards and dropped dead. I had hit her in the heart. A bunch of other deer were following about a minute behind her. She was laying dead, 20 yards from my stand, and all the other deer were just foraging around, looking at her as if nothing happened. I don't think they cared.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
like my dad always says.. he pissed out of his stands & shot deer.. dropped a duece by his stands & still shot deer.. when he use to smoke he even shot bucks with a lit cigarette.. he told me he put the cigarette down while it was lit and shot a few bucks that way.. [hihi] all during bow season too!!

sometimes there spooky & aware & sometimes they just have no clue what's going on.. [up]

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
Thanks for the info! Shot her with a Rage 2 blade. Oh my god, destroyed her.I was nervous about expandables but I'm sold now, she went 30 yards with a bloodtrail like an oil slick and a hole the size of a golfball!

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
my buddy got a deer only a couple hours after takeing on in the morning in the same stand in almost the same exact spot

·
Registered
23 Posts
2 years ago, I shot a doe and it was a pass through. 20 minutes later a button buck walked up to arrow sniffed it and give it a quick lick to taste. I was amazed.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Here are two pics from last year. In the first pic you will see two deer.

The second pic that was taken 7 minutes later has one deer and a bloody arrow. [hihi]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts