New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone use to bait for deer?

I found a place that sells several different kinds of bait, just wondering. I noticed he sells sweet feed and corn w/ molasses...

Which would be a good choice?

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I would say that it depends on your hunting location and the time when you start putting it out. I usually use corn as there are corn fields nearby. But in the dead of winter, I'm going to say that most anything would probably work. The deer have very limited available food and will take most anything.

David

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
I use a similar mix that also has oats Cats.. I put it out with whole corn and they like them both.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
corn for late season from here on out is fine. The food sources are starting to dwindle so they do not have as many options as September/October.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
if your looking just to attract them corn is just fine, but if your looking to get some protien and fat into there bodys look into the pellets they have more nutritional value than corn or sweet feed does.. just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
50 lbs of whole corn at Agway for $6.50
Wow !!

What a rip. I'm paying $6/ 100lbs.

If I payed your price I'd be broke [sad]

I'm baiting 10 stands and going through about 700lbs. a week. It's a full time job. But a labor of LOVE :D:D

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I think I am going to bait some area where I hunt. I would like to get on with the bow over the winter. Actually I would just like to get one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts