New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog is Kyra. She is a Karelian Bear Dog (KBD) and she is certified to track and recover deer in NJ. KBD's are used to hunt bear and moose in Finland, Russia and Canada. If the wind is right they can smell a bear 2 miles off.

If it is a dead deer, she finds it.

Tracking was officially legalized in NJ in 2018. Tracker CAN charge. I don't. but I accept gratuities to help cover many tracking related costs.

we cover many counties and track day or night and have a very successful record in or after rain 732.713.1313

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have gone as far south as Gloucester, ocean county, Lambertville, Hopewell, west Trenton.
my typical calls are from Middlesex county northwards. I have gone past Sparta and Newton (those were some funky recoveries)

·
Registered
9,621 Posts
I have gone as far south as Gloucester, ocean county, Lambertville, Hopewell, west Trenton.
my typical calls are from Middlesex county northwards. I have gone past Sparta and Newton (those were some funky recoveries)
So, you live in north Jersey?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Officially, Trenton is considered Central Jersey. but i don't know anyone who considers that central. i live near I-287 where is goes east/west before it goes north/south. to me, that is central jersey. i live in the territory of Reg Set 8

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KBD's are extremely smart. This morning she recovered a gut shot deer, found in water. i could tell from start she was on it. she has recovered deer during lashing rain. i never saw any signs, but she found it. the other day, she found a deer that someone gut/liver shot that wasn't dead yet. she stood their sniffing it. but when hunter tried to finish it off with a knife, it bolted. she found it again. but when it was dead, she immediately went to lick wounds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts