New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored at work today,so i collected about 50 lbs of acorns the deer were eating off my costomers lawn. I think the deer might get mad at me.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah tell me about it all over this year. Come Nov these deer should be real Heffers. I'llsave these till Jan For winter ML.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I was talkin to the guy at the butcher shop last night and he was wondering why all of the deer he has been butchering are already so big. I told him that the acorn crop has been out of this world this year. I think I'll bring him this picture tom.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hav'nt looked them up yet but can anyone tell what kind they are.All i know by sight are the white oak acorns.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Posted: 21 Oct 2005 8:22 PM

Currently Online Posts: 1139
Bhc.... Collect the acorn's and soak them in water with a couple bottle's of anise in the water...Let dry then throw them around your stand about a week before bear season....I'll bet you have every bear in the area......
Not only will it attract bears but get both them and the deer drunk.

Seriously though I have heard then anise is an excelent bear atttractant. At the Rockland Show last spring that gut Mike Huff talked about using the licorice BearSense at his seminar. They played a joke on some guy crumbling up the punks and putting them in his backpack. He said the bears were trying to climb the tree with this guy.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me to.I thought Lenny was moving his operation to the Bullet hole. I hav'nt been that way in a long time. I usedto love getting those trophy's when you killed a deer.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I was creating some runs with my leafblower Fri. and it's amazing how fast the acorns turned from green to brown and even started rooting.
The blower really exposes them.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Lenny is a cl [no swearing please] act. I have not seen him in years. Is Butt's and Bows still there on 23? All I can say is he is a truely a great guy.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Lenny was the first person ever inducted into the UBNJ hall of fame this past March at the 1st annual dinner.He instructs archery several times a week at Bordey's in Florham Park.Heres to Lenny [up][up][up]

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Currently Offline Posts: 59
Lenny is a cl [no swearing please] act. I have not seen him in years. Is Butt's and Bows still there on 23? All I can say is he is a truely a great guy.

23???? Washington ave in Belleville

1 - 15 of 15 Posts