New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please be aware that we all SHARE the woods. That means: please walk quietly; if you see a bait trail or pile, WALK BACK THE WAY YOU CAME QUIETLY; look up often -if you see a tree stand, WALK BACK THE WAY YOU CAME QUIETLY; if you do not harvest anything -DO NOT DISCHARGE YOUR MUZZLELOADER IN THE WOODS! -you can legally transport your rifle back home as long as there is no percussion cap loaded on the nipple!...you completely screw other hunters if you make a loud bang. [wallmad] In short -PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE and cognizant of others that may be enjoying a day of hunting too. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I think there was a time where the zones that opened later for deer used to have the first Saturday without small game hunters in the woods because that season started the following weekend. Think that was almost 20 years ago now though.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Squirrel is my favorite game to hunt, most if not all is on public land zone 6. I'm not not going to hunt with the thought there may or may not be a deer hunter in the woods. Deer hunting does not trump my squirrel hunting. If something is very obvious I'll walk around if convenient, but no way do I curtail my plans of where I want to hunt (oak flat) just because a deer hunter is near by. I also primarily hunt with a flintlock and do not discharge at the end of a hunt if no shot is fired. I've left my muzzleloaders loaded for months with no ill effects, been doing the same thing for decades. It's all about preparation and storage.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
If you're in zone 6 and come across some pastries and peppermint patties don't eat them they are outdated.And for the squirrel that built a nest in my comfort zone ladder stand please piss and crap off the side for godsakes not on the seat anymore please have some courtesy you grey face furry tailed bastard.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Please be aware that we all SHARE the woods. That means: please walk quietly; if you see a bait trail or pile, WALK BACK THE WAY YOU CAME QUIETLY; look up often -if you see a tree stand, WALK BACK THE WAY YOU CAME QUIETLY; if you do not harvest anything -DO NOT DISCHARGE YOUR MUZZLELOADER IN THE WOODS! -you can legally transport your rifle back home as long as there is no percussion cap loaded on the nipple!...you completely screw other hunters if you make a loud bang. [wallmad] In short -PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE and cognizant of others that may be enjoying a day of hunting too. Thanks!
In super short GFY! You can't walk 20yrds on public land without running into a corn pile.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Where I've been hunting in zone 6 this year deer and squirrels don't exist. Maybe if I put out a corn pile I'd start seeing some deer, squirrels and of course bears.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Anyone up for some squirrel drives in the pines.

Reactions: Shortfuse

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Jesus. Let's try this for the 800th time on here PUBLIC LAND!!!!!!!!!!! It's to be shared. No one gives a shit if your squirrel hunting and no one gives a shit if your deer hunting , people can and should use public land as they wish don't like it? Get a higher paying job and BUY PRIVATE LAND. Otherwise you have zero to say.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
In super short GFY! You can't walk 20yrds on public land without running into a corn pile.
GFY was not very nice. Ya could have said it better we dont need to fight among ourselves.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
GFY was not very nice. Ya could have said it better we dont need to fight among ourselves.
Well perhaps, however if the OP took a different approach to voicing his opinion then maybe something other than a GFY would be warranted. But in the manner he chose to voice his opinion I found GFY appropriate

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Dear hunters of all kinds please do not walk within 20sq miles of any stand I have on public property.I know it says public but I claimed the areas as eminent domain.thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow. All I meant was to be considerate, because that's what I would do. No disrespect meant to squirrel hunters or any hunter for that matter. Tough to gauge the tone of a post. I guess respectful responses are few and far between on here.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts