New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
drove more than fished today.

DEAL> 6:45 am, more surfers than fish. no bait, no fish, no life at all. packed it in @ 9 & drove north.

HOOK >hit the first lot at the hook, all bunker & snot dunkers with nothing going on. drove to fisherman beach, talked to 3 guys leaving, they were there all morning with a 29" bass & said another guy caught a 30"er thats all. hit horseshoe cove for 15-20 minutes, no sign of anything, 1 guy way out at the end of the trail. hopped back in the truck

LEONARDO > watched 5 guys throwing poppers for 20 minutes, nothing.

UNION BEACH> nobody doing anything. NADA. crossed the creek in my waders, threw some casts for about a half hour, nothing.

CLIFFWOOD BEACH> guy cursing out his fishing setup and slamming it on the ground stomping on it [hihi] i thought i seen it all. one guy with a blue in a bucket, nothing else.

LAWRENCE HARBOR/OLD BRIDGE POLICE BLDG> no one, nothing. headed home

awful day, nothing to talk about except for the dipshit at cliffwood beach [up]

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
They were killing them at Great Kills:D Just kidding but isn't that what happens. You covered a lot of ground thanks for the report;) We need some help from the weather gods[wallmad]

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
If you started fishing at 6:45 AM, wasn't that dead low tide on the 15th? High tides that day was around 12 noon to 3pm in the areas you mentioned. I know for a fact, the fising in Leonardo is all based on the tide. Fishing is slow though.I was in Sandy Hook and Leonardo Friday also an the high tides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts