New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a dead velvet buck on RT23 right by the Blockbuster in Riverdale (or maybe it's Butler of Kinnalon) I thought this was unusual because it is all commercial on both sides of the road with a construction site across the hyway.

Recently I noticed an unusually high number of road kill deer for this time of year on rt 23 between Butler and Vernon. Anyone else seeing this?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Recently I noticed an unusually high number of road kill deer for this time of year
This is the second highest period for roadkills due to yearling dispersal, lots of young deer on their own for the first time. The highest period is during the rut and fall dispersal.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
went to butler last week and from hamburg to butler i counted 6 dead deer. 3 were def. bucks not sure bout the others.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yep every morning a new one from newfoundland down 2 287. Saw a big doe get wacked saturday morning directly across from Route 23 auto mall.
287 to 208 has seen increase over the last few weeks. Typically this time of year it is the mother does pushing last years fawns out so she can raise this years.
Hey Corzine I can afford to live in New Jersey anymore.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
rbates- thanks but thats tricky at 60mph haha and i dont make a habit of playing with roadkill. gave that up years ago[rofl]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts