New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dug out a case of shells from the gun room. Opening day for doves here is this Saturday. Bacon wrapped dove.... I can taste it already....

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Sweet! [up]

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
sucks that we can hunt them here in nj[wallmad][wallmad][wallmad]and we got shitload of them

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
sucks that we can hunt them here in njand we got shitload of them
Man! ive been waiting years for a dove season here in New york or New jersey[cry] someday we may live to see it;)

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
aaaaaaaaaah only in america

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Great photos of the boys!

why cant we hunt them it makes no sense
Because the NJ Legislature considers them to be "song birds" (stupid)

And, song birds are protected here in NJ (also stupid)

Dove season opens tomorrow in Pa. A folding chair in the shade and a cooler full of Coke's while shooting doves makes for a nice September afternoon.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
why cant we hunt them it makes no sense
Because, as any Ornithologist will tell you, as a dove flies east over the Delaware river the most popular game bird in America magically transforms into a songbird.

Seriously, there is no reason why there is not dove hunting in NJ. Same with bears.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Because the NJ Legislature considers them to be "song birds" (stupid)
Nothing sweeter than the song...well, cackle, of the rooster pheasant as he takes flight.

You would think that NJ would want to have a dove hunt...they could charge more money for it. [hihi][wallmad]

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Fast Shooting and lots of fun.[up][up]

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Did some dove hunting in N. Carolina a few years ago. Was tougher than I expected and went through shells fast. I was humbled, but lots of fun.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts