1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
that sucks. drag it out for me. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
The bear that I lost on Thursday, 12/08 is somewhere in the Rockaway Twp. / Tilcon Quarry area. I followed the blood trail onto Tilcon quarry, continued for 20 yards or so, then it dried up. Searched for the entire day and couldn't come up with anything.

Thanks for the post, but I think it's highly unlikely that it is the Stokes bear.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
:). rather it go to waste? :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
madcat I know it quite a distance from where you were but I shot a sow with ear tags yesterday in Rockaway WMA off Bekshire Valley Rd that had 2 slug holes in her that were a couple of days old one in the face & one in the right rear foot

·
Registered
138 Posts
Searched all morning and couldn't pick up the trail again.

sarvaggio,
Thanks again for your help and bringing along your dog!

switchback06,
Not sure if this bear would have traveled that far, especially since it was headed more towards the Wildcat Ridge WMA on the other side of Tilcon. This bear was broadside with it's left side facing me. I sighted my slug gun in before the 6 day started and it was spot on, but that doesn't mean that it could have been off when I went out to the field. It could have been knocked off position. I will have to check it again. All three shots were aimed at the mid section and it ran off pretty fast without any signs of slowing or limping away. Although, i have a feeling that the shot hit too high in the back, or up too far as a shoulder shot.

How big was your bear? Do you have any picks? Did you notice it limping?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Theres two dead bears that I found during 6 day one was at berkshire valley WMA and my buddy came accross one in trout brook wma the one in berkshire had one tag in its ear with the #4907 Probably around 250lbs dressed ,it is a shame that nobody found them , the one in trout brook was a 300lber and we know for a fact that it was poached from it being cold on the opening morning, prob from some local who's sick of all the bears.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.