New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw it this morning on my way to work.Hit by a car. It was small this year's for sure.It tears me up when they get killed like that, what a waste.Kind of like it was stolen out of my hunting area.:([mad]

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the fourth I've seen hit.Last fall one was hit on 23 in Newfoundland had to be 375# ,messed up that suv real bad

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I have seen 3 Dead in the past 2 years. one on Route 15 south near the Thirsty Moose Restaurant. One on route 515 in Vernon and 1 near goodale road in Andover.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Drag, I saw the Dead Bear last October and the Police where already there taking a report for the person who hit it. I drove by the next day and it was gone.I guess the road kill bears are picked up much sooner than the Deer. I've seen Deer lay for Months.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I also saw that dead bear on 287 south right near the morristown exit..A guy from my work said it laid there for a couple days..When i saw it i called Fish and Game and they were out there within hours to pick it up..They said they pick them up so fast so that people dont get them..They were telling me it is against the law to possess any part of a bear in NJ unless it was killed legally and you have a tag for it..

·
Registered
227 Posts
WE NOW HAVE BEARS IN CUMBERLAND COUNTY. SCAT FOUND IN A MILLVILLE YARD , TRACKS AROUND POOL. A BEAR WAS ALSO OBSERVED FEEDING ON THE SIDE OF A ROAD :)[up]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts