New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows how to de-scent a ground blind. I bought one the other day and it has a horrible "new" smell to it. I set it up in my back yard to let it air out in hopes it will lose that smell by Oct 3rd. Anyone have any techniques they use?

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
I just got mine now to long ago and i know what you mean it has that plastic smell, what i did was cut about a dozen apples in half and put them inside the blind while it was airing out in my yard, (keeping the windows closed) i did this for 3 days then opened the windows and coated it with earth scent liquid and let it sit some more. The inside smells like apples just a little bit now and no plastic smell also the outside has no odor that i can smell anyway. Its been outside a total of 2 weeks week and half in my yard and the rest behind my house where i have it set up for hunting. good luck

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Leaving it outside is the best medicine. The apple idea is a good one.....I've taken cedar blocks...the ones they line closets with...sand them so the smell is strong...and leave them in...actually velcro'ed them inside..since I've used a blind around cedar thickets...it doubles as a cover scent....

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
thats also a great idea esp if your hunting in cedars[up]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts