New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I was lucky enough to kill a nice bear but ran out of time for my buddy NB6624 to kill one. So this year he was behind the trigger while I ran the camera. We decided to head back to the same spot where I killed my bear last year in hopes of a repeat. Went in for the pm hunt and around 4:40pm Nick said, it feels like De Ja Vue as a big bear stepped out into view of our set up. After what seemed like forever the bear gave Nick a 25 yard shot and he placed a great shot on the bear. Bear went about 30 yards and it was over. Great hunt with a great friend and De Ja Vue is alright, especially when you get a great kill, which helps manage the bears and you enjoy the great American tradition of hunting[up]

Great to see a lot of hunters at the Whittingham check station tonight with many bears. Bear plan is working and huge thanks to the Div of fish and game for their hard work.

Also great meeting some other NJH members and congrats on your bears.

Here is Nick with his awesome NJ Black Bear. Big old sow that came in at 291pounds and some change live weight. Congrats again buddy[up][up][up]

SS!

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Also great meeting some other NJH members
It was great to meet you too Will[up]

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Congrats to your buddy Will [up][up]

·
Registered
495 Posts
Uh, can't be using buckshot, since it is prohibited for bear hunting.

• Hunters using or possessing any shotgun slug in the
field during the bear seasons must have a shotgun
with adjustable open iron or peep sights or a scope
affixed to the shotgun.

Maybe this "slug gun" is using one of those new-fangled ozonics sights? You not only can't smell it; you can't see it! Or maybe that green light-pipe bead on the muzzle is magically adjustable. [eyeroll]

Shooting slugs without sights; a classic N.J. fail! [ninja]

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Nice work!!

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Great job Will and buddy on a great bear[up]

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
nice bear. But by looking at the gun something is not right. There is no scope or rifled sights. Which you nEed to shot slugs in nj.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Man you guys are good..the gun is a benelli with a rear adjustable sight that mounts to the rib. It throws a good slug and never fails. If you see the gun got beat up during the extraction process and the sight was loose so I had it in my pocket. If you need proof please PM me and I will send you a pic....that being said..I want thank SS for his time and my family and friends for helping me get her out, checked and skinned. Its a huge process and I couldn't do it without the help.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts